Friday, October 3, 2014

Limor Webber Designs FIRST DT post!

 
Hello everyone!!
Today is a very exciting day! It's my first post on Limor Webber's Design Team! I couldn't be more happier to be apart of this! :o)
 
I decided to make a canvas for my first project. I took the colors out of my daughters' comforters and then matched them to my Gelatos®.
 
First I laid a coat of white Gesso, then I created a rainbow using my Gelatos®  and at first it was very bold and the color was a little too bold compared to my girls' room. So I added more water and blotted the canvas until it lightened. Once it was dry I took my Gelatos® Double Scoop® Color – Black Licorice and went around the entire canvas, I used my finger and pulled some of the black into the rainbow in the same direction. I used the Prima “Bubbles” Stencil  and added bubbles with some molding paste. I shaved off some of all of the Gelatos® and added just a little bit of water over each of the shavings. Then I used my heat tool over them and it was such a cool effect! It bubbled and expanded and left some great texture to the canvas!
 
 
 I added my quote in some sticker letters and then decided to add some Tim Holtz Rub Ons, Crystal Circles. Then I got out this amazing stamp, IndigoBlu Bubbles Background and stamped all around the canvas and also on the wooden butterflies. I was just about finished and I wanted my bubbles to pop out a little more so I took my Water-colored pencils and traced some of the larger bubbles to define them a little.
 
 
 
One more thing I just HAD to add -- Glass Bead Glitter Gel.. just a little on the bubbles!
 
 
 
 
I really LOVE this and so do my girls. I hope you all like it!
Have a wonderful day!
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! You are so amazing and creative! Congrats on the design team. They are lucky to have you on the team!

Yasmina TIN-SANG said...

Great job!! Love this canvas!!

Terhi Koskinen said...

This is such a beautiful piece of art - love it Mindy! <3