Friday, August 13, 2010

Get Well, Lydia!

Hello everyone. I made this card last week for my moms good friend, Lydia. She had a severe stroke. She is only 60 years old, she was in a coma and couldn't control the bleeding in her head. So they had to remove part of the back of her brain. It is seriously a miracle, she woke up and CAN move and talk. She loves ladybugs, so I HAD to make her a card using this darling Tilda holding a ladybug! I hope this card will bring a smile to her face!

I used the sketch from Just Magnolia's challenge this week. By the lovely Mina! It's such a great sketch, I hope you can join us over at Just Magnolia this week!

Challenges

Just Magnolia - Sketch
ABC -August (Catching bugs when I was little during Summer break)






Supplies

Stamps - #376Tilda with Lady Bug, Sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps
Paper - Magnolia Fairytale Pack, Stampin up cardstock
Ink - Memento, Copics, Distress inks
Accessories - Wild Orchid Craft Flowers - Curly red rose, pink cherry blossoms, 10mm white roses, 6mm white rosebuds, crystal stickles, RRR Gingham Ribbon, deckled rectangle nesties, white gel pen, Stampin up brads and hardware pink ribbon is from ribbon accents.

15 comments:

Dorthe said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the papers you used. The flowers are lovely - and it all put togheter is awesome!

Miria said...

Fabulous card, Mindy and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it! Hugs. Miria

Silvie Z said...

Mindy, this is gorgeous! Love it! And what a lovely attenion to a friend of your mums, I'm sure she'll love it, it's beautiful!
Hugs,
Silvie form France

chrissy o said...

great card mindy love it!!!!
chrissy o xxx

** Line** said...

a wonderful lovely card!!!
hugs Line

Angie said...

Hi Mindy!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your cards. I hope your Mom's friend recovers from the stroke. She's in my thoughts now too :-) Very sweet of you to make her a ladybug card. I bet she loves it.

Angie

Juls said...

wow!! Just gorgeous and in my ultimaite fav colour combo too! Hugs Juls

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Beautiful card, you are very sweet. Wishing her a full recovery. Jane

Regina said...

Adorable!!!! I love the papers you used, the hair color and also her vest. You did a fantastic combo and I don´t have to say that your coloring is stunning!!!!! Have a marvellous weekend.
Regina

ShirleyTACS said...

What a wonderful card. It will surely cheer your friend as she works through her recovery. I pray for you and her that her recovery goes well and she is continually blessed by her miraculous life. Thanks for sharing this story. Hugs, Shirley

Candy said...

A most beautiful card, Mindy!! Your painting is excellent. Love the Magnolia papers you chose and your roses are all wonderful.
I will keep your mother's friend in my prayers for a full recovery.
Hugs, Candy

Charlotte said...

Mindy,
You do such beautiful work. Lovethis one as well.
Angeluver2

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, your colouring is fabulous! Love the papers, flowers, stitching & that ribbon! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Clare said...

I'm praying for Lydia's good health to return, and I love your card! What a wonderful thing to do - include something Lydia loves! You're sweet, and so is Tilda!

Christine said...

What a gorgeous card! I hope you mom's friend is doing well! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!